Monday, July 09, 2007

Destination Beer: Bisbee Arizona


To quote from the ”Discover Bisbee“ web site, “Brewery Gulch, which in its heyday boasted upwards of 47 saloons and was considered the "liveliest spot between El Paso and San Francisco”. Apparently the brewery gulch street in Bisbee wet a lot of whistles and still does today as I discovered. Much to my delight I spied a beer unknown to me “Dave's Electric Lager”, went for it and then went for a few more. Clean and refreshing and beautifully hopped. I enjoyed it so much that I made excuses to drop in various establishments to enjoy as many as I could squeeze into our three days in and around Bisbee. On our last evening during a visit to St. Elmos (a colorful watering hole) I struck gold. I was introduced to Dave by a jolly fellow by the name of Hector (howdy Hector I shall not forget your kindness) anyway Dave is as cool as you might expect, a humble guy who casually mention that he welded up his own brewery, the man can do! I might also mention that Dave was the first person in Arizona to receive a brewer’s license since Prohibition. Dave's Electric, from what I understand can only be found in and around the Bisbee area, the only reason you need to visit historic Bisbee. Dave and his beer reflect what is great about America, believe in yourself, have a dream, live it.....that is how the west was won. Don’t miss quaffing a few of Dave's Electric beers, it is desert gold.

dave's electric brewpub

No comments: