Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday, February 19: Bread Baking Day

Sunday's bread baking began Saturday night with a slow overnight ferment in the refrigerator. Today's recipes came from a new book titled "Artisan Baking" by Maggie Glezer. The loaves depicted include a Country French-Style Bread from page 82, and a Ciabatta from page 84. This is a new book for me and its recipes demand more attention to detail and preplanning than some of the others I use for reference. Although I am not against this as the first results are superb. I think some of the ideas here could merge with my intuitive style of baking. The author sometimes counters methods that other books endorse. I have yet to find the center of truth.

Related Tags: , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I have the same book!!! My aunt bought it for me for Christmas but I have yet to give it a try.

I love that you have designated bread baking days!

Can I come and live in the Second Helping House??? It sounds like the loveliest of places ...